Sunday, September 14, 2008

stuff for monday

So I put batteries in the verbot.  He powered up and recorded voice commands but then he wouldn't respond to the commands that he said that he recieved.  It could be several things... There may just be too much electronic interference in my house.  It could also be corroded battery connections.  A few of the connections were blue so I cleaned them with a toothbrush, water, and baking soda... but they may need a more rigorous cleaning.  Can someone else bring some steel wool or something?  or maybe those connections could even be replaced... Lastly, I opened it up to see if there were any loose connections and didn't see anything but I only half took him apart.  If it turns out not to be interference or battery connections we can take him thoroughly apart Monday and see if we can figure it out.  Perhaps someone in class knows alot about electronics and can look at it and see whats wrong really quickly.  If it's just a bad part on the circuit board or something we can probably fix it. :)  Here's hopin'!

Tracy

No comments: