Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sound-Sensitive Camera

I found this thing: a way to modify a camera so it takes pictures through sound-sensitivity, kind of like that thing we looked at in Make magazine. It looks kind of complicated, though. Does anybody know how to read circuit schematics, let alone make something from them? :(

4 comments:

tracyworkman said...

Looks pretty interesting, and they even have a kit for it with a preprinted circuit board and all the pieces w/ intructions, but I can't figure out how to buy it. Maybe you have to e-mail them? It might even be neat to find several things that could make an image in respone to sound and combine them somehow.... I've never done anything with circuit boards, but this one doesn't look too bad...I think, and it has instructions... we would have to have a digital camera that we could alter however...

Kristi said...

I personally don't know anything about circuit boards, but I have access to several people that do :) So maybe we can ask for some pointers from them or something. I like the idea of the image being taken because of sound. Thanks for the link Basia :)

Amanda D. said...

I REALLY like this idea and I think its completely possible. Also, they sell children's beginner digital cameras for like $20 or something cheap like that.

tracyworkman said...

yeah, I say we go ahead and get one of those kits if we can (if they aren't too expensive) and see what we can do with it. When the project is over maybe we can write down what everyone spent and split the cost :) Is someone pursuing getting a kit?