Friday, September 5, 2008

Modify a Verbot?

So these little guys are actually kind of hard to find with all of the parts (namely the remote), but I found this site:  http://www.bigislandtoys.com/robot.htm  that has two.  Scroll down to the bottom and you will see them.  There's really no way to know if they are going to work or not, but they are pretty cheap and if t doesn't work we might be able to use the pieces or something.  What do you guys think?  If you guys are keen on the idea of altering a sound controlled robot then I say we go ahead and get it and see what we can do with it.  Basically it works by saying 9 different voice commands...stop, go forward, turn right, turn left, lower arms, raise arms, etc...  plus it looks cool :)  Let me know quickly if you can, they could sell before monday.

Tracy

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I say go ahead and get it. They aren't too expensive and it seems like a pretty cool idea.

tracyworkman said...

okeedokee, well I went ahead and ordered it because I wanted us to get it in time (shipping and all). If we decide not to go this route I'll just have a cool 80s toy to give my kids for christmas. So we are in no way obligated to use the Verbot just because I ordered it :)